7747 spd limit first, trip timers next?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Dec 10 13:38:30 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Mika Helander <mika_helander at hotmail.com>
To: <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 1999 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: 7747 spd limit first, trip timers next?

In snow, I fail to see where ABS helps, period.
It's a matter of the driver looking at where he is.
Sorry to be so blunt.
For good braking all you need to do is get rid of some of the extra "boost"
so that you have some feel in the pedal for what's going on.  The modern
jerk (driver) just uses the brakes as a switch any more.
4 channel ABS can have it's advantages if you have the reflexes of a cat,
and use it to correct/setup a car for fast cornering, IMHO.  Traction
control for leaving the apex...
   The gurus of ABS I've had mail with say leave it alone, and just use it
as designed/installed, no retrofits.  There have been some interesting
thrreads in the past at DIY_EFI about it, (achives time)
Grumpy