Open loop idle through electro-mechanical means

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 13:48:40 GMT 1999

 I'm answering my own, post but I think there is an easy fix
for vehicle that didn't originally have open loop idle capability.
If you have say, a 160 or 180 thermostst in the vehicle,
you could set the closed loop enable temp to about 195,
then use a micro switch on the TB to substitute a
predetermined resistor value (equal to 200 deg) whenever the
throttle is in the closed position..  Your temp gauge will go
high at idle but, no code patch is required..
I think most chips have a C/L enable temp parametrr, so
this would work many apps.
Miek V