fuel injecting a '73 vette

davidl.reed at amd.com davidl.reed at amd.com
Fri Dec 10 14:07:13 GMT 1999

Hi all I'm new to this list.

I was recommended to this list by some folks at corvetteforum.com BB.   I'm
trying to determine how to fuel inject a '73 vette and still retain some
degree of tuneability (so I can tinker with it over time) w/o spending
megabucks on an Accel system.  Am I in the right place?  I'm not looking to
design a system from scratch.  I would like to use the GM ECM as a
controller but what I hear is that it's difficult to retune it for specific
applications.  Does anyone know if it's possible for the average shade tree
mechanic to reprogram the GM ecm (I do have an electronics degree but no
guru though)?  Is there software available to do this with the early '90's
MAP style TPI intakes/ecm's.  I'm told that The Turbo Shop had software to
reprogram it to some extent but it was apparently not capable of addressing
all aspects of ecm retuning and that it was possibly not too user friendly.
When the inquiries about the software and requests for help mounted the
company owner just discontinued selling it.  Is there an alternative?  Am I
wasting my time here?

Thanks
David