knock sensor ID

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Fri Dec 10 19:25:00 GMT 1999

The GM ones that I have found will have a Delco part number like DR-562 and
then the date code 0046.
Most of the time you need a wire wheel to clean up the side to get to the
number. The newer sensors have a longer connector and
colors other than white and will have metric threads. A Quad Four sensor I
got has an etched part number 10456209  1177-1F
To date the sensors I have are
DR-562  V8/V6 carb/inj/ turbo v6   1/4 pipe thread
DR-163   1992 Vortec V6
DR-146   1/2 pipe thread
DR-700
DR-017   v8
10456209  Quad 4   metric
	Check http://www.bk.dk/7000/techrev/97%2D1/97%%2D1.htm    is a high
level knock sensor page.  Most of the stuff is over my head but very
interesting hoe they test the knock sensors for Freq.

Don