Tech 1 scantool

James Wilson Wilson.James4 at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 10 19:55:33 GMT 1999

     Jason,

   What price on the TECH 1A printers?

                            Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason R. Haines <jhaines at lingenfelter.com>
To: gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, December 10, 1999 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: Tech 1 scantool

> Do the U.S dealers have the Tech1 scantool?, this is what Holden use.
> Does anybody know what processor runs Tech1?, I've got some Bins from a
> plug-in cartridge used in them, but I can't pick which CPU code it is. Any
> 'obvious' things to look for with Motorola/Intel/Z80.

The Tech 1 is no longer supported for the US GM dealers - they are expected
to use the Tech 2 now. The dealers can still update the Tech 1 MASS storage
cartridge and other data cartridges through the Techline system (dealer
repair network computer system) but I think the Tech 1 stops being able to
connect to vehicles newer than 1996. I think the Tech 1 is still supported
by Vetronix (the OE manufacturer for GM) and is used by some of the large
fleet operations. The spare parts have become very expensive - the MASS
storage cartridges cost several hundred dollars now (I think we were quotes
$700 or something - anyone have an extra MASS storage cartridge).

BTW - we have several of the Tech1 printers if anyone is interested.

Jason