Bruce's tuning tips

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Dec 11 13:17:46 GMT 1999

  In reading 101 and tuning tips it says you used 90lb injectors due to not knowing the TPS Enrichment location.
  Is that area know now and if so what size injectors would you have run instead.

  You've still got some reading to go,  if you go to the Tunercat page, and get the demo for the code 42 ecm (1227747), you'll see the enrichments, and it's in the Programming 101, now.
  As far as what I run, really is a mute point to a certain degree.  It's a matter of what HP you honestly think you'll make.  Takes about .5lb of fuel per hour fuel to make 1HP.  Two 90s will support 360 HP easily.  I'm at about 320, but have a light car loose converter, and need a huge AE to get going.

  How did you decide on .25" for the lid spacer? I had a .50" one made a while back, but haven't tried it yet and am wondering what effect the extra .25" would have.

  Work out the plenum volume to engine displacement, and what ratio you want.

  Since I'm currently running a .444 lift 212 duration cam with 112 centers and stock heads I'm wondering if I even need to increase the plenum area right now, but would think by the looks of it that the added height would aid flow to some of the runners thus evening distribution.

  Some things ya just gotta try.  I can't tell ya what works for you car, just what has worked for me.  Getting the vanes away from the plenum floor is a good idea thou.
  Grumpy

  Kevin R