Fw: 747 programing

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Sat Dec 11 15:05:46 GMT 1999

In a message dated 12/10/99 1:27:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, kereyn at gte.net
writes:

>   Haven't verified this by checking dealers parts books, but in the binaries
>  on the DIY site there are a few files for late 80s pickups that say they
are
>  from leaded fuel trucks and are non closed loop.

Hi Kevin,
I believe the books will list then as "export" items...
 The only one that I'm really familiar with is the NM8
chip that was used in the 600 or so Syclones that went
to Saudi Arabia.  GM just screwed a big bolt into the
down pipe where the O2 sensor belongs, cut the wire
in the underhood harness, disabled some error flags and
changed a few chip parameters to force open loop..
Mike V