ABS/TCS

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue Dec 14 02:46:02 GMT 1999

> OB-GMECM: The traction control system on the 96 and eariler Y-body
> is partially controlled by the ECM and partially by another
> subsystem.
Yes, this is ABS/TCS behind the driver's seat.

As you may or may not know, the system defaults "ON."
> >From what I can tell of the wiring in the service manual, there
> is no way to default the system off.

What are you trying to do?  I'm looking at a schematic for a 93 and it
looks like a jumper from terminal 28 to terminal 1 at the EBTCM will
create a permanent ASR "off" input.  I've looked further and found no
trouble codes relating to "ASR Off switch fault".
Shannen

> control the ECM has is to retard the timing.
>Can anyone confirm
> that,
or give me any insight into possible table entries or