Horse Power and its Effectiveness

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Tue Dec 14 13:34:40 GMT 1999

Diesel engines make more torque period.  There are more btu's in a gallon of
diesel than a gallon of gas.  Therefore any one can see that more heat\=
more expansion of gasses = more force.  Energy cannot be created or
destroyed.. only altered.  Soe if there is more energy in a litre of diesel,
then there is more energy converted to mech and heat energy.  Diesels also
run a lot higher compression so right off the bat they will have more
torque.  My vw diesel(tubo produced 220ft-lbs at 2200rpm.... 105hp at 5200
<mailto:105hp at 5200> . A1.9 L.  the 2.0 g60 motor that runs about same boost,
produces no where near that amount
Mike Rolica
Meridian Magnesium Products
Strathroy, Ont