95 vs 96 pcm

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 15 04:02:05 GMT 1999

>So i need to find me a 94-95 pcm, That kinda sux :). I know a few ppl at
the
>local chevy dealer and i also have access to a tech 2 anytime i need it,
Can
>i do any mods with a tech 2? I know ive seen my friend do tire changes with
>it. Is that about all the programing you can do with it? How much does a
>94-95 pcm go for?

Gotta catch the right junkyard, but I bought mine for $50. It was from a
Caprice (4.6L L99 motor), but I used the Carputing software to reprogram it
for my Z28. :) (it's PCM part number 16188051). (www.carputing.com)

Tire changes with a Tech 2? I didn't know those things had an impact wrench
socket attachment. (ha ha). You can do just about everything else with 'em,
why not? <G>

More common prices are $75-$125 for the PCM from a junkyard. I think I
caught the guy on either a good day, or a day he needed the $... He doesn't
have any more, though... I was going to clean him out. ;)

-Andrew