Average Horse Power

digi digi at saturn.terahertz.net
Wed Dec 15 06:56:57 GMT 1999

Well,

Torque is what is moving the car. That  rotational force is driving the
transmission. Horsepower is torque over time. More horsepower doesnt mean
a proportional increase in torque.

If you need 300ft-lbs of torque to move your vehicle, and your engine
outputs 600ft-lbs of torque, then its going to hit 300 a lot faster. So,
more torque doesnt mean it'll all be used, it'll just get to as much as
it needs quicker.

The rate at which it acheives torque is horsepower, torque over time.

Thoughts?
I really dont know what I'm talking about so splease correct and don't
fflame.

- Brian