Average Horse Power

Mike Rolica mrolica at meridian-mag.com
Wed Dec 15 13:26:16 GMT 1999

;) you gotter,  Most of the motors I built were not that high in torque or
hp... like the truck.  But the total area under the graph (or the integral
of the Parametric version of the torque/hp curve is high.. laymen's terms
lotsa torque for a long time.. flat torque curve.  Makes over 400ft-lbs from
2800- 4800.  Since the stock Tpi stops  breathing after 4500, the torque
falls rapidly off at 5200 to 395 then 300 at 5500, the hp is not that high.
Will blow the doors of off a motor with big cam and 500hp at 6000 and 350 at
5200!  Done that!  Now my goal is to extend and bump up the whole torque
curve to 5500 and 500ft-lbs  ...
Any suggestions,  Bruce gave me some hints re the crossfire.  Can't go super
natural as compression is at 11.3:1 right now.  Heads are good for 500 + as
I  built a carp vette motor making 500ft-lb from 3200- 6000.  Weiand intake
and 750 holley/ BG.  Still have some idle problems with 730- conversion when
cold, and spark maps (detonation between shift from 2nd to 3rd)  Any body
play with the low octane option on the 730 anht bin???
Mike Rolica
Meridian Magnesium Products
Strathroy, Ont
Ext. 260