95 vs 96 pcm

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Wed Dec 15 17:34:17 GMT 1999

Eric,
	It is as easy as Flipping the Bit!! But first you have to
find the bit, and since it is a Flash based PCM you need to
have a complete software package to reprogram it. Before we
wrote our tools, I socketed my PCM and used a prom burner to
change things. This is not for the faint of heart. The Flash
chips are 32 Pin J-lead and are in the middle of a lot of
components. Removing them and putting sockets on the board
requires special tools and skills.

	If you don't have the tools: Socketing or Flash Programming
Software, I recommend a 555 timer creating a 50Hz square
wave to fool the PCM. If you are getting any custom
programming on the PCM, then get it turned off. I can
disable it if people need it done.

		Ken