what is VATS

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Wed Dec 15 19:27:35 GMT 1999

Previously, you (Andrew Mattei) wrote:
{ Ken Kelly wrote:
{ >
{ >         I do have an 8051 that I took from a 95 Black and white, I
{ > can verify that the VAT is enabled in this PCM if you want.
{
{ Just as another data point, my spare 16188051 PCM came from a 4.6L '94
{ L99 Caprice, and it has the VATS bit set to "Enabled". I know nothing
{ else about the car - only interested in the PCM - don't know if it
{ actually had VATS or just this mystery knocker box. Its fuel/timing/etc.
{ maps were *very* different than those of the aluminum headed 5.7L LT1
{ cousin motor. Kind of a neat thing to see how different they were. :)
{ Surprisingly, though, my motor did start with that tuning... (when I
{ tested the PCM at the junkyard). If I'd known how different they were
{ tuned, though, I might not have tried. ;)
{
{ -Andrew

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8