what is VATS

Ken Kelly kenkelly at lucent.com
Wed Dec 15 20:03:51 GMT 1999

VATS = Vehicle Anti Theft System. It is GM's system that
requires the Key to have a resistive pellet in it. There are
15 different values for the pellet, so now you need a
special key that is coded both to match the tumblers and
match the Resistor. Shoving a big bar in the lock to break
the cylinder, or shorting out the ignition switch will not
start the car, because it doesn't provide the right
resistance.

	If the resistance is wrong the fuel pump is not enabled.

		Ken