Dual TBI units

Alexander Pikas apikas at erols.com
Thu Dec 16 22:47:29 GMT 1999

Allright guys.  The quiet are speaking.  I'm fairly new, and have only been
reading until now (mostly because I'm a Ford guy, but I'm running a Haltech
on my car).  I had dual TBI (actually Ford refers to them as CFI) units on
my '85 LTD LX, controlled by the stock computer, with 4 32lb injectors
(stock were 48).  With tapping the FP regulator and tweaking the pressure, I
was able to run the stock program, and pass a sniffer test.  Driveability
was perfect.  Only thing to note was the violence of the combo.  A little
bit of throttle application resulted in alot of acceleration, because of the
increase in surface area.  I only used one TPS sensor, rigged up a linkage,
etc.  It looked pretty cool, too.  I've got some pics of the old setup if
you'd like to see 'em.

alex
(I hope turned off all the stuff I was supposed to - if not, I apologize in
advance - it's my first post, you know... ;-)