Help w/ EPROM emulator

JTesta1966 at aol.com JTesta1966 at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 15:53:12 GMT 1999

In a message dated 12/17/99 10:03:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
btisdale at cybersol.com writes:

<< If there's no commercial unit out there that will work, I'd like to put
 together a board that will have a 16k generic 'keep-it-running' PROM,
 switchable w/ a 16k SRAM which can be loaded &/or modified thru a laptop
 parallel port.  I only want to change one byte at a time.  Normally, the
 ECU would run u >>

I think what you want to do is disassemble the calpak and desolder the prom
thats there. then fab a custom socket thats "plug innable". That should yield
what you want. If its only temporary to do cal adjustments, you might wanna
dissect a Sy/Ty calpak so you retain the proper backup fuel parameters (I'
understand the calpak contains the prom, backup fuel chip and ESC control..if
thats not called a calpak, excuse my terminology please.). Unless I dont