server status update

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Fri Dec 17 19:39:24 GMT 1999

In case anyone is curious, here is the status of the new list/www/ftp
server:

Jon Valesh graciously donated a slightly used Alpha workstation as the
new list host.  He was also able to locate a 9G external scsi drive, and
we have a case for it as well.  It is located on a T1 connection to his
work.  The OS is installed and booting, maintenance accounts have been
set up.  I'm in the process of transferring the WWW and FTP stuff over,
John and Orin are taking of the list stuff.  It's just a matter of
getting everything set up/configured now, everything else seems to be in
place.

On behalf of Jon, John, Orin, and myself, I'd like to thank everyone who
made generous offers for location and hardware.  We should have things
set up by early january, unless of course we're all wiped out in riots
New Years eve.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet