Dual TBI units - How To Handle Twin IAC's?

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Dec 17 23:07:25 GMT 1999

Walter Sherwin wrote:

> 1) Can I physically drive two IAC's from the single PCM IAC driver?
> 2) If so, should I wire the two IAC's in parallel?
> 3) For a first blush at the cal, can I simply cut the commanded IAC steps in
> half?  Just looking for a starting point.
> 4) Any other thoughts or recommendations?
Here's some food for thought.  When I converted my CFI to a 7747,  I
connected both IAC's in parallel, just as they were in the old setup.
I've talked to several other people who have done the same.  That ECM
looks for idle speed, not IAC counts, so it just moves the iac until
idle speed is right.

> Thanks a bunch;
You betcha.
Shannen