Dual TBI units - How To Handle Twin IAC's?

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Sun Dec 19 21:13:14 GMT 1999

Two things that I had contemplated for a remote IAC setup were............

1) Custom machine a block of aluminum, to replicate the OE IAC passages as
closely as possible, and connect to both the input and output passages via
standard fittings or hose barbs.   With this option  you can retain your
original IAC,  but either relocate it or plumb it to various points.  Or,

2) Kinsler offer a remote IAC housing, just as described above, which is
designed to accept a typical "screw-in" GM IAC.  The housing is aluminum,
with an anodized finsish, and can be mated with a small K&N filter in order
to keep out unwanted dirt.

Walt.