Dual TBI units - How To Handle Twin IAC's?

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Mon Dec 20 13:06:00 GMT 1999

-> I spent some time looking for a external IAC when I started my 403 FI
-> project, but never found anything good.  The only external units I
-> found were Bosch units off Benz or VW, but they're solenoid (on-off
-> only) not a stepper.

 You can put the IAC anywhere; all it has to do is block a passage
between above and below the throttle plate(s).  On my Hilborn
conversion, I have a line running from the air filter to a distribution
block, then eight lines to the individual ports below the butterflies.

 I'm planning another system for a friend's truck; this one will use a
line from a small smog pump air filter to the IAC to a fitting in the
EGR spacer plate.  Some '70s Ford vehicles come with the EGR valve
mounted in a spacer under the carb; they use Holley two barrel and four
barrel bolt patterns.

 The IACs are from Buick throttle bodies; a normal GM IAC screwed into a
90 degree adapter with two ports.  I made a 1/4" aluminum plate, drilled
it for the throttle body bolt pattern and alignment pins, and drilled
for IAC air.  One bolts to the top of the Hilborn, the other will have
NPT fittings with hose barbs when I get done.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?