Speaking of remote IAC

John_Calabrese at ENGELHARD.COM John_Calabrese at ENGELHARD.COM
Mon Dec 20 15:46:20 GMT 1999

[The IAC for a similar sized engine will allow the rpm's to go probably to
[2000 or so if necessary, but why do you want a 1500 RPM cold idle?  With
[proper idle enrichment etc, an idle of 1100-1200 tops should be plenty...
[At 1500, you will be stressing drivetrain components when you put it into
[gear, and unduly wearing the engine from cold start oil starvation.

Not intending to start a whole thread over 300 rpm, I just want ed to know if it
was possible for the MAX rpm I was thinking about using.  1500 might be
necessary on a 0 degree day for a minute or two.  Definately not for driving.  I
will program the DFI to ramp down VERY quickly from max rpm, be it 1500 or 1200.
I was just playing worse case on this one.  I don't have convertors, so there's
no need to start up and go. Ilike to see the temp gage move before I put the car
in drive.  I also plan on installing a remote starter on it so I can warm it up
while i brush my teeth in the morning!! :)