W32.NewApt.Worm virus information from Delanet.com

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Mon Dec 20 15:33:13 GMT 1999

... and if you are serious paranoid like me, you have java, html
messages etc turned off or to "prompt" and you dont use OUTLOOK
(good ol pegasus mail). Okay I have outlook at home but PEG at work
where it counts.

I scanned everything using latest stuff... then looked for the
entry in the registry like the Symantic doc says...no VD here.

Nice to be up to date with the scanner though - thanks for the
scare!

> I believe this worm is actually ActiveX code embedded in the text of a
> message.  Supposedly this is the only one that can actually activate
> without an attachment being run.  Norton sent out a blurb about it several
> weeks ago.

~~~
Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp