Odp: GM PCM OBD-II HW registers

Marek Skrzypiec elemark at priv4.onet.pl
Fri Dec 24 11:34:50 GMT 1999

-----WiadomoϾ oryginalna-----
Od: Ara Bedrossian <ara.b at ix.netcom.com>
Do: gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Data: 24 grudnia 1999 05:55
Temat: Re: GM PCM OBD-II HW registers

>Okay guys,
>
>I have  a literature from Motorola's web site "mc68hc58.pdf" which I had
>downloaded earlier in the year.. right now I tried to search for it on
their
>website and could not find it.. I have the file, it's about 700kb, if you
>want it I will email it to you.

I have it ,too !!!I've downloaded it but I don't remember from where .

>I have 40 pcs sitting on my desk right now ;);) never used this chip for my
>project, ended up using something else just because I didn't want to deal
>with spi..
Have you read this document ??
Chapter 1-1
"The MC68HC58 DLC is the successor to the MC68HC56 DLCP (data link controler
parallel) and
the MC68HC57 DLCS (dat link controler serial ).The MC68HC58 is pin
configurabel to comunicate with host MCU via an 8-bit non-multiplexed
parallel data bus or a Motorola SPI......"
Well You haven't to use SPI . Inside this document I found wiring for
parallel and SPI .
I think that this device is amazing ,because I don't afraid about physical
layer .Everything what I must to do is sending the data according with SAE
J1978 (This discribes headers and parameters).
I found also another solution in the Motorola document
an1731.pdf -MC68HC08AS20 and
Harris(Intersil ) HIP 7020.

Mary Christmas
Marek

>Yes, these parts are hard to get too.. I searched for months and everywhere
>I called had to put a special order and maybe they will get it, and the
>qty's they required was outrageous.  So what I ended up doing is calling
>Motorola's educational dept. and asked them if they could help me out with
>4pcs for my senior project and they said it would take 2-3 weeks but they
>will send it to me for free because it was for education.  2 weeks later I
>got 40pcs ;);) somebody must have added another 0 at the end hehehe..

My local Motorola dealer told me that this device costs $3 (in USA) .The
less quantity is 37 ,but he can't order it me ?!