Trans controller part no

gene l. clifford genelc at idworld.net
Mon Dec 27 00:42:14 GMT 1999

Shannen
 Thank you for the input on the "4L60E" trans I will be at my GM dealer
tomorrow to get the perf. book and see if I can get any more info on the  #
. 12497316 controler?
I have asked two of the better trans shops here in San Antonio about the use
of this trans (4L60E)
in an early model Nova or Malibu and was told no can do without  the ECU and
proper sensors.
Shannen did the book list a price?

Roger said <Just a warning for someone wanting to buy aspecifically a 4L60
or a
4L60E, be careful alot of places/shops/retailers don't seem to realize
there is both an E and a non-E 4L60, an so no telling which one you
would get. >
I bought the entire motor and trans out of a 1996 Vette (burn job)
and I have ckd all pertinent #'s so I am sure of what I have.
To bad I was not able to get the tune port and electronics but for a total
of $450. it was a good deal.
at this time I cannot afford the FI , harness, and related goodies so I
guess its Holley carb time

Thanks again for the info                Gene