Trans controller part no

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Mon Dec 27 01:24:42 GMT 1999

gene l. clifford wrote:

> Shannen
>  Thank you for the input on the "4L60E" trans I will be at my GM dealer
> tomorrow to get the perf. book and see if I can get any more info on the  #
> . 12497316 controler?
> I have asked two of the better trans shops here in San Antonio about the use
> of this trans (4L60E)
> in an early model Nova or Malibu and was told no can do without  the ECU and
> proper sensors.
Diesel pickups around 1991 used a controller for just the
transmission, this is what some places are adapting to older
vehicles.  There was a mention recently of using 2 computers in a
syclone, one for efi, the second for the transmission.
> Shannen did the book list a price?

Nope, no prices.  You'll have to ask the dealer.  FYI, if the parts
man says he has no information about that controller, ask him to call
Partech.  Sometimes the counter guys get lazy, and they won't do
anything more than read the same book you've got.
Here's some interesting links:
http://www.autotransinc.com/eplace.htm
http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/diy_efi/archive/archive_num_114
(search for "Electronic transmission controller")
I've found a few others, but I'll let you have the fun of searching
for them. : )
Shannen