Beginning at the beginning

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 4 20:37:56 GMT 1999

Shannen Durphey wrote:
> > The biggest problem may be if you don't have
> > assembly language experience.

OK, well, I guess that means me for one. ;) I have higher level language
experience, but have usually pushed (ha ha) away from assembly. My
background is in EE. Control algorithms, coupled with analog and digital
tinkering (esp. A/D and DAC). That, with PC's. I have at least a half
dozen at PC's home that I mess with for various purposes. ;) I started
about a year ago with the GCAR ALDL interface and program, twisted that
for my own purposes, and am now wanting to dig deeper. I do have a book
or two at home on the 68HC11, so, that'll probably come in handy.

My "project" involves putting a modified L98 motor from a '89 IROC in to
a '79 Camaro. The '79 is being restored by my staff of semi-energetic
workers... err, me. So, aside from learning the GM ECM, I'm tearing down
/ cleaning and painting / building a car (and motor), selling various
second and third gen Camaro/'bird parts, all while keeping my wife and 2
month old son happy. ;) I figure on "babysitting nights", I can work on
the ECM stuff... ;)

Now, if I could only get that home brew EPROM burner working... ;) Have
some ideas on what to try next...

-Andrew