Beginning at the beginning

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Feb 4 22:44:49 GMT 1999

Hi my name is Bruce, (pause while waiting for those assembled to
reply with, "Hi Bruce").
  I've read some on electronics.  I also, reread, and reread those
materials.  I can grasp the idea of a gate.  I got a couple favorite
chips, I kinda understand.
  I have the Motorola Pink Book.  But, that is way over my head.
I have seen some disassemblies of chips where there are bunches
of addresses written out as tables, and by figuring out those values
found some spark vs fuel tables.
  How one actually reads code, leaves me clueless.

THINGS I'VE NOTICED:
  1.  While the 747/101 project was a noble first effort, there were/are
       problems.
         a.  No where near as many people joined as I thought would
         b.  There are alot more talkers than doers
         c.  Take no avenue that you wouldn't be affraid to talk yourself.
         d.  People will always ask for more than what you have.

  2.  Working for hours on an ecm is mind numbingly boring.
  3.  For the effort to do a small ecm is less, many fewer people will
       get involved, since it is so limited.
  4.  The only downside to the flash ecms is that it will take many
       man/week hours to get past the security.
  5.  Might be very advantageous to use a bin that has some open
       area in it to do patches, modifications.
  6.  The one really bad thing about the 165/730s are they are just
       ecm.  Might have more players doing a PCM.
  7.  Just so happens that some of the 94ish truck gm ecms fit every
       catagory I can think of.

  9. We need to be clear about where we are going and why.  Is this
      just an exercise?, if so for what goal.  Are we really gonna raise
     some dust, and break ground?.  Then we need a good
     foundation.

Materials
  Would seem like having a MAF to MAP converter would be necessary, and I'm
surprised no one has designed one yet, for PD
distribution.
  A reasonable 512 emulator, if we go the 94 truck route.

Just some notes for thinking about, while things get up to speed
Bruce