ECM to start with..

Ron Gregory rgregory at chrysalis.org
Fri Feb 5 14:30:14 GMT 1999

I don't know if it's been decided yet (because I'm on
the digest version), but I think we ought to start with
the 1227749 ECM and say.... off the top of my head...
a Syclone bin <grin>

The Syclone bin has the same code as the 2.0 turbo
cars (sunbird, etc.)... only the tables are different.

The Syclone bin has provisions for boost, so if you
ever put a blower on your engine, the code will be
there to take care of it.

The Syclone bin is on a 27C128, and it's pretty full.
But the '749 was also used on the '88 Quad-4
cars... and that's a 27C256.  We could take the
Syclone code/tables over to a larger PROM and
have plenty of room for expansion/improvement.

I already have quite a bit of documentation on
the tables and the theory behind the code.  I
have run the bin through a disassember, but
haven't fully commented the code.

All we need to do is finish commenting the
code and begin to understand how the
code works.  We could find/fix any bugs and
gain a good understanding of this Delco ECM
before we move on to one that we don't have
as much info on.

If I'm not mistaken, Bruce P. has run a Syclone
PROM on a '730, too, so the folks that can't
find a '749 ECM would still be able to test
an the more-common '730 ECM.

Just my humble opinion as a Syclone owner

I'm on the digest, so if you're going to priase/
flame me, please copy me personally, so I
don't have to wait all day to see what you think.

Thanks,
~~~~~~
Ron Gregory                 Syclone VIN #1452
rgregory at iname.com          Garland, TX