Intro

Mike Naberezny mnaberez at nyx.net
Thu Feb 11 03:21:01 GMT 1999

Hi everybody,

I've been lurking diy_efi for about a year now and I just signed up with
this list.

My interests started with reading the ALDL stream from my '89 Cavalier.  I
accomplished this (thanks to all who helped!) on a PC and I am currently
working on a dashboard scantool based on the 6502 microprocessor.  I hope
to create a small computer board with LCD display to make up for the
gauges my car doesn't have (tach, temp, bat. volt, etc.).

I am very interested in the coming 730 project from this list.  I already
have a 730 to experiment with, it is from an '87 Cavalier.  I would like
to get a bench setup going and work with the code along with the rest of
you.  I have read the EPROM from the MEMCAL with my burner, however I
imagine most of the time I'll be using my EPROM emulator for the work.
Ultimately, I would like to re-implement the 730 in my '89 Cavalier, or
reverse-engineer the 831 it currently has.  Whatever I end up doing, I
know if nothing else this is going to be interesting.

 - Mike Naberezny (mnaberez at nyx.net) http://www.nyx.net/~mnaberez