Beginning at the beginning

Teller.John at orbital.com Teller.John at orbital.com
Fri Feb 5 15:59:54 GMT 1999

Shannen wrote:
>Maybe we could get some idea over the next few days about everyone,
>what background they've got, etc.

Here is my experience:

My professional background is mostly in embedded processors.  Mostly
software design and implementation, some hardware design with a little
analog stuff thrown in.  The processors I have worked with extensively are
8086, 68HC811, PIC, 68000 family, 8051 and an 8085 project I did back in
college.  Most of the embedded work involved spacecraft flight software -
no automotive ECM experience (yet).

Wrenching:
63 and a 66 Beetle in college - learned how to fix and repair daily.  Could
do a valve adjustment in 15 minutes flat on a nice Saturday morning.
76 Dodge Aspen - Easy to work on.  Pulled the heads once for a valve job.
89 Bronco II & 91 Ranger - Very reliable trucks.  Just brake work there.

Current projects:
85 Buick Somerset 2.5L 4 - Really high compression in two cylinders.
Head's coming off for carbon cleanup.
I'd like to dig around in the ECM and learn more about it mostly because it
is the one ECM that I have and I can afford to mess around with it at this
point (Dead Buick is not a problem).
76 Chevy Suburban 454 V8 - To be converted to EFI.  Runs well now (will run
better after I adjust the carb).