Highly Subjective Resume :)

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Feb 5 20:26:34 GMT 1999

>Maybe we could get some idea over the next few days about everyone,
>what background they've got, etc.

Reasonable :)

Some of you know me and will be bored by this discertation,
however for those who don't know me, here is a not-so-brief
synopsis of myself and my experience.

My professional background has always been Windows of all
flavors, Novell, Cisco and other infrastructure
technologies, mostly from a management point of view.  I've
enjoyed employment with large mining companies, large
financial institutions, a non-profit medical center, as well
as small rinky-dink systems integrators over the years.

I am fascinated by embedded electronics, and often bite off
more than I can chew in this regard.  I've done assembly for
the 6502, z80, 8088/86, 80286, as well as having limited C
experience on dos-based intel platforms.  All of this
occured many years ago when things were much simpler and PDF
data sheets were unnecessary :)

Unfortunately, I have spread myself very thin when it comes
to hobbies, projects, and other time eaters.  I am currently
building from scratch for about two years now, a mid-engined
twin-turbo Buick V6 vehicle that hopefully will be a
pleasure to drive.  I have successfully built an engine,
transmission, collected 90% of the necessary parts, and just
began welding the rear bulkhead together.  Going very slow.
I spent most of the past summer with fellow gearheads
experimenting to see what could be achieved out of junkyard
parts in regards to HP/Torque.  Immediately before explosion
on the dyno, we had achieved for almost 30 minutes, 849 HP
at 6200 RPM using a 4.1L V6 with a seemingly random slew of
parts, twin turbos, alky injection, managed by a Haltech
lobotomozed with many MOSFETS to drive the additional
injectors.  The more realistic engine is nearly complete,
basically the same hardware, but with a more realistic goal
of a mere 600HP.  Dyno testing has not occured yet, as I
need to obtain a new drysump pump - it was damanged in the
last "incident".

I also am the proud owner of a 1975 Dodge D200 club cab,
which is slated to receive this spring an EFI managed
twin-turbo 383 block with a ground down 440 crank, hopefully
we will be able to blast tremendous low-RPM torque using
what I have described plus being managed by a Chevy 350
based late model camaro's ECM, sensors, and wiring harness.
I have yet to drill injector holes in the manifold at this
time.  There are a lot of things wrong with the truck at the
moment, however the carb is finally tuned where it will pass
inspection here in CT and start reliably every morning, two
major problems it had before.  Due to my carbeurator
allergy, I made it much worse when tuning it myself.

Recently I swapped the cracked heads on my 3.8L Lincoln
Continental, as it overheated and the digital gauge didn't
register anything abnormal.  The white smoke was the "hint"
unfortunately.  After two days of ripping things apart, then
reassembling with new heads and new gaskets, I snapped the
very last head bolt, and sent the car to a local service
station just to be done with it.  Turned out the Chilton's
manual "meant" to say "torque to 22 ft/lbs of torque" and
not "torque to 50 ft/lbs of torque".  Gives a new meaning to
the phrase "stretch bolts".

Though last summer I did "dust" my neighbors 92 Mustang,
which is pretty much stock except for the low-rider rims,
H-pipe, over-droning mufflers, and a K&N Filter.  No ever
said that FWD Luxury cars can't be fun :)

I also own a military HWMMV left over from the desert storm
situation, which has been welded back together (I bought the
thing through an auction in many, many parts) which was a
fun two year project.  Ended up with a 500cid caddy block
with a large turbo slapped on it.  While the zebra stripe
paint job is impressive (sorry, I like it), the engine
currently is running very poorly, I believe it spun a
bearing, and has become a low priority compared to all the
other broken stuff scattered around my
driveway/garage/girlfriend's house.

The worse car I ever owned by any definition was the 1984
Trans-Am.  This vehicle gave new meaning to "piece of shit"
and certainly GM followed through with plenty of corporate
arrogance.  Your mileage might vary.  My all time favorite
is a toss up between the 66 gto ragtop I restored my senior
year in HS (waaaay back when) or the 1969 Ford XL
Convertible.  Different cars, different sizes, different
enjoyments.  I'm more of a truck guy anyway.  I participated
in a self-sponsered funny car team as a driver for 3-4
years, until my body started falling apart, coincidently
along with the money drying up quite fast.  I used to street
race as a kid (I know, a big no-no) and when I have a
vehicle or can grub one, I'm at Raceway park in NJ trying to
inflate my ego a little more.  Usually unsuccessfully :)

Quite honestly, I'm a jack of all trades (well, some anyway)
and clearly an expert in none.  I like to tinker,
experiment, and often refuse to listen to limitations.  849
HP with mostly junkyard parts on a V6 is impressive.  True,
it only lasted 30 minutes.

My immediate jump to this list is to evaluate and observe
mostly, primarily for the Mopar 383 stroker project which
will be managed by a late model Camaro ECM and sensors,
obviously any information I get from here is "way cool".  I
also participate on the DIYEFI list, as part of my
mid-engined project is to include a from-scratch ECM I put
together myself, or through a group effort.  On the Fanglers
list we are casually discussing a DIYEFI project using a 555
timer or two.  But, I'm still welding the chassis at this
point :)  I also participate on the GNTTYPE, Fanglers,
Homebrew, DIYEFI, RaceFab, and about six other lists that
apparently don't generate enough traffic to stick in my mind
at the moment. :)

Oh, I have three cats too :)

--
Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

http://www.xephic.dynip.com
1993 Superchaged Lincoln Continental
1989 500cid Turbocharged HWMMV
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab (soon to be twin turbo 440)
2000 Buick GTP (twin turbo V6)