My biased opinions

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Mon Feb 8 03:27:03 GMT 1999

Mike Pitts wrote:

> <snip>
> The 7749 would be a *much* better candidate since it is
> faster, uses a 68HC11 rather than a 6801, has a fast data
> stream, is completely programmable (no embedded ROM), etc,
> etc.
>
> Personaly I am working with an 8625, which is similar to
> the 7749 but has electronic trans capability as well. I've
> even located some EEPROM in the MCU which was unused and
> have already written a code patch to place the VE table in
> that location and another patch to allow me to alter it
> from a laptop.  (ala: DFI-like capability)  But like
> Brian's 3-bar code, it's not ready for prime time yet.
>
> -Mike

Let's get a Single Board Computer- say with a 68HC12 or bigger, and
piggy back it onto the 7749 after removing the eeprom and processor...
just use the I/O, etc. from the 7749........ 12's and higher support a
BDM interface (to a laptop) and 64k or more of memory for loging, larger
tables, etc.there is a HC12 varryant around with 32K ROM and 32K EEPROM
on chip.... easy to program.

are the wheels turning.... Tom