My biased opinions

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sun Feb 7 22:32:20 GMT 1999

>> FelPro already worked on this.  8-)
>>

> If you've got 3 grand to plop down.
>

>> I don't think sequential is "all-that" unless you are trying
>> to make big injectors idle cleanly.  Or you don't like the
>> hydraulic shock on the fuel rail associated with batch fire.
>> FWIW: My GN runs alot better with a batch fire DFI than it
>> does with the sequential OEM ECM.
>
> Good point. The fuel system is a "fluid" system, and we use
>accumulators on things like that, to control shock. (kinda like the fuel
>pump pulsator everyone, including me, pitches)

BUT--<<WATCH IT>> !!  with using an accumulator on a system with a rising
rate regulator--the "capacitance" you add this way will screw up fuel
pressure response rate!!!! An accumulator with a stiff enough spring to
just absorb hammer shocks above your max regulated pressure and a real
small volume would be OK--no real volume storage to it--but with a softer
spring and any significant volume storage, an accumulator CAN screw things
up ROYALLY!! EVEN WITH  fuel pressure regulated at a constant pressure
difference above boost, same concern, cuz the gauge pressure of your fuel
rails will still be changing relative to the accumulator's reference
pressure.

Regards, Greg