LT1 Prom editor project!

Kurek, Larry lkurek at anl.gov
Mon Feb 8 15:55:38 GMT 1999

> > FWIW, the EEPROM ECM's were only used on 94-97 (LT1's...LS1's are a
> > different beast...), and the 94-95 were OBDI and the 96-97
> were OBDII. As I
> > am sure you know, the LT1 was first used in 92 in the
> Vette's and the 92-93
> > used a removable PROM carrier, similiar to the previous
> generation ECM's.
> > Finally, the electronically controlled transmissions
> appeared in 94 as well,
> > so I assume the 94+ auto flash was significantly different
> than the 6speed
> > flash. Perhaps it would make more sense to disassemble a
> 6speed flash,
> > interpret it, and then go ahead with an auto?
> >
> > TTYL!
>
> So far I believe we have people working a 93 A4 (me), and a 94-95 A4,
> I don't think anyone on the team has a manual.    The 93 only has TCC
> control through the ECM, though it does know what gear the car is in.
>

> 				Roger

Would it be of any help if I could procure a 94-95 manual PCM for anyone to
look at? I have access to a spare, and as long as it is non-destructive, you
can have at it :)

FWIW, I am by no means an expert in disassembly and such...so I will
probably be more of an observer on this list...but will jump in if I can :)

Larry