8192 protocol command list

Stuart Bunning stuart at kenelec.com.au
Tue Feb 9 22:03:05 GMT 1999

Hi All

I hope I am asking thr correct list...

Does anyone have a list of commands that are needed to send to the p4 ecm
8192 aldl to read from locations in its memory i.e eprom locations and ram
locations. I keep reading about people doing it. I would like to replace the
memcal eprom with a non-volatile sram and be able to wire up a write line
somewhere so i can disable to checksum and modify ve and spark maps on the fly..

My understandings are the older 160baud systems used resistors on the aldl
port to output scantool data but the newer 8192 baud systems are
bidirectional and a command has to be sent for them to output data.

I am using a AUssie 8192 baud version of the aussie 808.

Best Regards,

STUART BUNNING
SALES ENGINEER
KENELEC PTY LTD