8192 protocol command list

Mike Pitts mpitts at emi.net
Wed Feb 10 03:50:22 GMT 1999

>Does anyone have a list of commands that are needed to send to the p4 ecm
>8192 aldl to read from locations in its memory i.e eprom locations and ram
>locations. I keep reading about people doing it. I would like to replace
the
>memcal eprom with a non-volatile sram and be able to wire up a write line
>somewhere so i can disable to checksum and modify ve and spark maps on the
fly..

It varies based on which ECM you have.  Mine uses F4 commands.
Read memory is "F4 58 03 HI LO CS" I think.  Where "HI LO" is the
address and CS is the checksum.

But be forewarned, just because this works on my ECM does not mean
it will work on yours.  The best way to find out is to disassemble the
microcode.

-Mike