Delco for a Toyota

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Wed Feb 10 01:36:07 GMT 1999

darkmonahue at awwwsome.com writes:

>    BTW I have located the Delco unit, but it is only offered "minus
>  PROM".  Forgive my ignorance, but I am assuming that is the chip....
>     Anybody care to point a newbie in the right direction?

 The 87-90 Turbo Sunbird 2.0 used the same ecm.  If I were to do
 that swap (with that ECM), I'd buy a Sunbird PROM to start with.
 It's close in terms of displacement, and it would probably
 run decent before any tweaking.  You should try to get the
 TB and sensors from the turbo sunbird if possible too.
 Haven't done it, just speculating...
HTH
Mike V