Delco for a Toyota

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Feb 9 23:46:06 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Willis <darkmonahue at awwwsome.com>
To: gm ecm list <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tuesday, February 09, 1999 6:28 PM
Subject: Delco for a Toyota

>   I have been told that a Delco 1227749 is a good conversion for a
>Toyota 3T-GTE.  The 3T-GTE is a 1.8l four, turbocharged, and normally
>uses Nippondenso MAF (L-jet?).

The 749 was used in a 4 cylinder turbo application. Visit them
at   http://syty@syty.org
even have a low cost program for reprogramming the memcal.
Memcal proper name for the "prom" in that application.

>   Next (biggest) problem is that I am NOT a programmer and really know
>nothing about what happens inside engine management!  Would anyone like
>to help me explore the options here?

Just visit efi332ohio-state, and read the acrhives.  Programming
101 might help.  Lots of info there.
All your guestions are answered there, except, I don't know anyone
doing toyo chips for the 749, but i don't watch toyos.
  Bruce