Another Intro + DIS w/ '749 .bin

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Fri Feb 12 03:34:02 GMT 1999

In a message dated 2/11/99 6:08:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, nacelp at bright.net
writes:

<< The difference is the Dizzy has a timing per rpm correction, and the DIS
 doesn't
<<
Do you know any more about this "timing per rpm correction" thing?  I'm not
quite sure I follow.

<<
 the DIS systems use Hall Effect Switching, the Dizzies almost always are
 reluctor/coil triggers..  The ignition module has a current limiter in it,
 so it not really
 a dwell contol devise other than by that feature.

Actually, my DIS uses a reluctor/coil trigger.  At least that's how I got it
working on my engine!  I welded bolt heads to a pulley every 60degrees, plus
the reference "bolt" 10degrees ATDC.  Plus the magnetic pickup, of course.

Ted