EPROM emulator

thergen at svn.net thergen at svn.net
Fri Feb 12 10:28:08 GMT 1999

A Cypress cy7c008 or cy7c009 might work
http://www.cypress.com/cypress/prodgate/dual/cy7c019.htm

Accesses to the same address at the same time are a problem.  Since
there's probably no way to make the ECM cpu wait, collisions would have to
be avoided altogether or the ECM cpu should be able to terminate the other
sides memory cycle if needed. The rams mentioned have access times of 20ns
or lower compared to the 120ns needed, which may help in the logic design
for the collision handling.

Who wants to solder the 100 pin TQFP package to the board? ;)

Tom