8192 protocol

Ron Gregory syclone at home.com
Fri Feb 12 12:32:18 GMT 1999

>Can anyone help me with the SAE or ISO number that relates to the 8192 buad
>ALDL protocol used on many P4 ECM's. It is a standard or did GM make it up
>and not release the specs for it.

I see that you haven't read the Turbo P4 document, yet....
The 8192 bi-directional setup is described in there.

Basically, it is a one-wire TTL interface... on some
ECMs, it is bi-directinal on a single wire.  The external
computer is considered to be the commander, and the
ECM will stop if it gets any sort of command... the biggest
problem I've had was getting my commands timed properly
so the ECM sees 'em...

Read the document..
~~~~~
Ron Gregory