8192 protocol

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 12 12:47:36 GMT 1999

At 06:32 AM 2/12/99 -0600, you wrote:

>I see that you haven't read the Turbo P4 document, yet....
>The 8192 bi-directional setup is described in there.
>
>Basically, it is a one-wire TTL interface... on some
>ECMs, it is bi-directinal on a single wire.  The external
>computer is considered to be the commander, and the
>ECM will stop if it gets any sort of command... the biggest
>problem I've had was getting my commands timed properly
>so the ECM sees 'em...

Ron,
Not sure if the P4 has the same, but my 95 Lesabre P5 has an 0x08 command
that kills all "normal" comm's so you can send and receive at will...  It
suppresses the normal messages for 2-3 seconds.  I have GCAR re-written
(with *MOST* of the work done by Mike Pitts) to auto-send the 0x08, then
the 0x01 and 0x02 ALDL requests to pull data and codes.  No more xmission
errors or collisions this way.  After each ALDL request, it sends the 0x08
again.

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.