Any hints on tuning for a big cam?

green green at nlenx.com
Sun Feb 14 19:21:46 GMT 1999

|The concept has me wetting my pants.. <<be right back>>
|Is there something in a 7730 V8 chip that allows you to ignore
|map when throttle is closed, and just substitute another
|table or value???   That would be great!
|Anyone for a radical roller with a GM ECM?
|TIA

I have a 222/214, .515/.494 cam in my syclone ...50lb inj...
it don't idle too nice..but i didn't have much time to play with it yet.  In
the speed density ecm's..there usually isn't too much that allows for TPS vs
fueling (other than PE enable stuff).  I've got a few ideas...open loop (or
nearly open loop - adjust the hi/lo of 02 cycling) at closed throttle,
messing with IAC parameters might help a bit too.  I'd like to try the
timing idea someone threw out too.

Brian G.
syclone 160
STG