Any hints on tuning for a big cam?

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Sun Feb 14 19:54:25 GMT 1999

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999 ECMnut at aol.com wrote:

> Roger,
> someone (I think PPF) mentioned in an earlier post that raising the
> idle & reducing the timing at that area in the table helps to reduce the
> idle fluctuations.
> HTH
> Mike V

Any idea how much timimg to take out in the idle rpm area?  I do know
that when I was putting my crank trigger on, I originally installed it
off (by quite a bit, probably about 20 degrees, and the stock
advance is about 18-24 degrees), and the engine ran smooth and very
very quiet, so quiet that you would not believe it had a cam at all.
I guess I will try taking out 10 degrees and see that that does.  I
will have to go look for the spark table now.

				Roger