ECM code adjustemnet (was EPROM Emulator)

Mike Pitts mpitts at netspeak.com
Mon Feb 15 17:12:19 GMT 1999

<<I guess by inline you mean the code changes fit in the space of the
code you were modifing/replacing, and jsr is the perfered method if
you are adding more code than will fit.>>

Yes, also you will find that adding JSR's will usually require you
to move some of the original code into the JSR'd code space. When
you undertake this task, you'll see what I mean.  FWIW: I wrote a
little patch program that patches a binary image using Moto-S records.
I can upload the source if anyone wants it.

<<Any idea if it helped on the Turbo Regals?>>

I personally didn't notice a difference.

<<It take it by specialized you mean that someone adjusted the code
for it to do this, and that we have not seen any that come from the
factory this way.>>

Hmmm, yes and no.  The code was written by a factory engineer, but
it wasn't distributed through GM.

<<..and set the table based on the gear, and then you can tune
each table separately.>>

My PCM has two timing and VE tables based on idle/non-idle. ITH.

-Mike