hyper 7148 ()

Dave Z dzug at mail.delanet.com
Wed Feb 17 02:38:47 GMT 1999

> Dave Z wrote:
> >
> > GCAR came from one of you chaps? I thought that was canadian ;-)
>
> Even though I stuck a copy of it on my web page, I got it from a
> canadian - so I guess that really is its origin :P I played around with
> it, compiled my own versions a few times, and then put up that web page
> with "all I knew". :) That was about a year (or more?) ago.

I saw that about 8 mos back. thats a nice thing you did, thanks.

> > I have an HC11 based monitor circuit I made.. very flexible and
> > expandable, always growing very slowly though. Imagine the GCAR board
> > with display capability and a 232 port.
>
> I've been thinking of something similar... Possibly using a PIC,
> though... I've got thoughts of using a LCD (I have a few displays), a
> keypad, and the PIC to decode the data and supply the LCD with the text.

PIC or even PLA is definetly the correct part for the task, I have no
PIC or PLA equip / experience so I stick with what I know for now..

I have an LCD already but am starting with 7-seg's. The board should
not be too compliated.. hc11, power supply, input protection, 3
7-segs, reset circuit, screw terminals, dip SW or debounced momentary
PB (for selecting which byte in stream to display) Should be able o
hook to ANY 160 car and get raw stream data, the way the program works
its universal. I am weak on the hardware end so thats where I may be
asking for the most help. The little bot of ASM I posted is my lookup
for the 7-seg stuff. I did that before I book-learned the right way.
I like mine better.

Dave Z - 87 GN 12.74 @ 105 w/1.84 60'
               13.02 @ 103 on 94 octane