Tricky (was ECM CODE ADJ)

Dave Z dzug at mail.delanet.com
Wed Feb 17 03:07:16 GMT 1999

> On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Mike Pitts wrote:
>

> > Yes, also you will find that adding JSR's will usually require you
> > to move some of the original code into the JSR'd code space. When
> > you undertake this task, you'll see what I mean.  FWIW: I wrote a
> > little patch program that patches a binary image using Moto-S records.
> > I can upload the source if anyone wants it.

I wonder if anyone could use this technique: I'm not the greatest
engine CAL tuner, but I made a mod to my chip thats rather convenient.
Using a JSR from just after the checksum routine, I go check the
position of the TPS.. if the TPS is above 10%, I set a bit in a free
ram spot. if TPS is above 50%, I set a different bit at that
location, same for 90%. When the code has to point to the spark or
boost tables, I JSR and include code that sets the pointer to 1 of 4
complete sets of spark and boost tables. wow neet, a $500 thumbwheel
chip with no thumbwheel! I thought it cleaver because at the time, I
had no idea that thumbwheel chips existed and that others were
already doing this.  Just an idea I thought I'd share. really ticks
off the VALET geting a 100 hp sportscar to drive ;-) 100 for you, 260
for me!
Dave Z - 87 GN 12.74 @ 105 w/1.84 60'
               13.02 @ 103 on 94 octane