95 disassembly and 96/97 disassembly

DAVE_HEMPSTEAD at HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com DAVE_HEMPSTEAD at HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Thu Feb 18 15:48:54 GMT 1999

Tom,
   What did you use to disassemble your 97 code?  How did you get the code out?
Did you write your own disassembler?

   I have code from the 95 ECM (16188051).  I found that if I use the ALDL
command "F4 length 02 address checksum", I can read 64 byte chunks of memory
(RAM, EEPROM, and Flash) from my ECM.  I checked last night, and found that both
the .e and .t sides support this command.
   I plan to add this feature to my scanner software, and hope to dump both my
flash parts this weekend.  I want to compare my specific ECM with the flash
contents Ken Kelly gave me.

   Someone on this list modified an ALDL command (04 I believe) to write to
specific memory locations.  I forget who.  How was the flash part patched for
this new 04 command?  Obviously you can write to RAM with this patched command,
but can you also modify EEPROM and flash?

   Tom, can you give me info as to how to flash my ECM (thru the ALDL port).
How hard is this?  I've read the 68HC11 docs on what it looks for at powerup on
the SCI port, and believe this must be how GM does it.