DRAC pinouts

Peter D. Hipson mail at darkstar.mv.com
Wed Jul 7 14:14:46 GMT 1999

OK, here is what I have, for a typical GM DRAC. It is basically the same as
your diagram, however:

1  N/C
2  N/C
3  N/C
4  VSS Output typically to Cruise control

5  N/C (no pin?)
6  N/C (no pin?)
7  VSS Input, low side
8  Ground
9  Power, switched.
10 N/C (VSS Output to rear wheel anti-lock)
11 VSS Output typically to ECM
12 VSS Input, high side
13 Transmission output speed
14 VSS Output typically to either speedometer, or overspeed alarm
15 VSS Output typically to either speedometer, or overspeed alarm

Notes:
N/C: No connection information that I can find.
Overspeed alarm: Used on some export vehicles to sound an alarm if the
speed exceeds a preset value.
Anti-lock signal may not be implemented on all DRAC units.
VSS Input is an A/C signal, between 4 and 16 volts, typically.
Next time I have the DRAC out, I'll try to trace pins 1, 2, and 3.

At 11:20 PM 6/25/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi.  I'm sending you my pinout, with the hope that you can confirm
>what I've found in the service manuals.  I have a DRAC info package
>I've been promising to post to the FTP site, but without the pinouts I
>feel it's incomplete.  Anything you can add or correct would be great.
>Shannen

Thanks,
        Peter Hipson (founder, NEHOG)
        1995 White NA Hummer Wagon